Thursday, November 14, 2013

Class discussion on television

In class we discussed  the major impacts  television has had on people through out the years.  Before television was invented people were more socially active in the communities and face to face communication was more common. But since the invention of television people have become less social and spend more hours inside watching tv than out side with others.  I didn't even think about how major this is effecting  people. We spend so much time indoors watching tv and being antisocial that's outside with friends having fun!
When we watch tv we often look at commercials, wanting to buy the stuff they advertise. I never knew how much tv influences our spending habits. Whenever I see an ad for some type of clothes or shoes of course I make my mom go out and buy it for me! Also in political advertising, during  voting time all we see on tv are the political ads telling us to vote for certain people. But guess what we do? Vote for those people!  Practically never do you see people who don't advertise on tv winning an election,  simply because they have never been heard of.
I didn't even notice how much time of my life revolves around the tv, maybe  from advertisements, or watching my favorite show, or even just having it on while I'm doing my homework. Anyways, tv plays a big role in many of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment