Thursday, September 26, 2013

Magazines

In class we had a lecture on the history of magazines and its innovations. I didn't really think or know much about magazines or the history about them until this. It was actually kind of interesting to find out all those things I didn't know about, like how magazines were the first to start doing Photojournalism. This is basically the start of how photojournalism started to spread...through magazines! I also didnt know that investigative reporters started out in magazines. I actually thought these innovations started in newspapers, but newspapers back then were only used for, well, the news. Comparing the newspapers from today to the first ones that were printed, newspapers today have more characteristics of magazines. Photojournalism, investigative reporters, it's all in there. I was also surpised at the fact that magazines were the 1st mass medium and advertising with a national audience. This set our  nations identit. this identified the U.S. What we like to read, do, wear, etc. I learned alot of new and interesting things about the invention of magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment